Author Topic: Where's the war?!  (Read 1358 times)

Mammon

• Lake
  • Programmer person
    • View Profile
on: 12:07:17 AM 11/17/17
And I don't know any of you.

audrei9

• Droplet
  • Y̢O͜͟UC͢A̢͝N̸'͡TT̴̨R̡̀U̵͘S͠T́͜M̵͡È͢
    • View Profile
    • Glitch Wolf!
on: 03:59:49 PM 11/22/17

Sorry, what was that?
Ǐ̡́̂ W̭͚̪̬̟͓ͭ͆̓̋ͧAͯ҉S̙̬̜̞̯͕̄ ̢̹̼̼̭͕̜ͮͥ̄ͣ́ͅD͉̹͍͈̹̣̃͛Ǫ̯͕̏̅̅̋̒Ḭ͓̙͚̤̙ͥ̔͌ͯ̐Ń͚̐ͮ̽̆ͤ͂G͖ F̝̙͇̝́͛͘ͅȊ̳͇̮̐̄̌ͫ̉̀N̩̂̂͌ͣ̓ͮͣE̘̲̰̳͚̙ͤ̽͛̋ͬ.̴̭̘̟̳͉ͭ.͉͖̦̔̓̽ͭ̅̄͘.͔͚̞̩̰̼̦ͦ͑́͒̓ͪͧ͘!̣̳͉͉͕̼̲̇̾͠ ̧̜̳ͪ͌̉Ï͖̪͎̩ W̪ͮ̌̍ͣ̊̂̇̕A̓ͣͧ͝S̳̾̀ͣ̾͒̌ͫ ̪̳̫̗̜͔͍ͮ̽Ḡ̥̤̳̥̠͚̦Ĕ̙̱̪͆͆ͫ͌̃̽T̷͗͆̓ͫ̑T̲͖̗͈̭͂̃̓̈̓I͈͍̓͌̿͛͂̇N̠̬̻̦̂̽G̸͓̼͙̰ B̷̻̋ͤ̿̑̉Ȅ͐̃Ț̲͉͍͇ͯ͐T̡̺̄ͦ͌ͯͬ͑̆E̺͎̜ͦ̊ͥ̈́̄̚ͅR͚̥̣͉͓ͤ̌ͦ̋.̙͙͍ͫ̑ͭ̿ͧ̓̒͞.̤̜̺͍͉̼̔.̀ͫ̏̐͡!̵͇̱̳̏̇͗!̘̩̗͐̃̍̏ͭ͘

Mammon

• Lake
  • Programmer person
    • View Profile
on: 07:48:15 PM 11/22/17
You're 14, you barely even existed back then.

First World

• Spatter
    • View Profile
on: 06:32:12 AM 11/24/17
You had just got the boot for the personal square you made in scroll wars. You know when Mo told you to piss off for abusing your possition. Y' know, the -1-1 square with autogun. The place you and a select few were able to hide on, y'know, to be hidden from other players, so you did not have to actually play or experence getting killed.... like you were supposed to.
No I don't know you either, Im glad, you seemed like a bit of a douche. Thats old news anyway. Im sure you are a well rounded person who does not feel the need to be superior to people.
 :hurr:
No,

Mammon

• Lake
  • Programmer person
    • View Profile
on: 10:31:15 PM 11/24/17
First of all, I didn't make any personal square in SW. There was an adminland that Mo and I hung out in, though.
Second, I didn't "get the boot," I quit because I was tired of all the shit.

The whole reason I did the auto-gun thing in HR was because people kept killing me when I was trying to test things. There was no separate test server at the time and, while I admire the thought of Mo wanting the game to be free of cheating, it was pretty unlikely at the time since it was version 0.1b and probably had a ton of bugs that people could exploit. At the time my reasoning was that I could have a little base that I could chill in and try to test stuff with other people who wouldn't just outright kill me, but looking back it really was "cheating" like Mo said, since it wasn't just me but other members of HAVOC that could sit in the fort.

I do admit that the separate base for HAVOC that was off the map was a horrible idea, which happened in part due to people getting mad about the fort's guns and me still wanting another way to test some things while being unmolested, and me wanting to help out my "girlfriend's" group. But what can I say, you do stupid stuff for girls sometimes that you regret later.

I only quit because after that people started accusing me of doing all sorts of things that I had no part in, like deleting their characters on SW and HR, which if it actually happened, was a bug that should have been reported instead of accusing me of doing it maliciously. So yeah, I quit, since I never wanted to do HR in the first place because Mo's whole idea was simply to take SW and clone Urban Dead, BUT WAIT, with one more race to play. Just seemed stupid to me.

If I had been a douche I would have demanded that Mo either pay me or shut down SW and HR after I left. Hell, he even offered to pay, but... well, I felt bad about it, and honestly I just wanted to have nothing to do with it anymore.

But hey, at least both games seemed to thrive for quite a bit afterward with different programmers.

And then I came back much later and updated HR a lot and now nobody plays except alts and trolls! Yay. D:

Also jesus fucking christ that was almost 11 years ago. :bleed:

First World

• Spatter
    • View Profile
on: 11:37:58 PM 11/24/17
Ok, after reading my post again it seems unnecessarly harsh. The fact you took the time to write a cogent reply, in stead of a casual 'fuck you' speaks volumes.
I was just listing what seemed to be the general consensus back then.
( Eleven years? ( :o ) I still remember the boobs of doom).
As to the 'Cheating' I found it hilarious when I got occasionally killed with an admin hammer by Silencio for hunting him down.
In fact, HDABG used to find him where ever he was hiding, then tell me where he was, just so I could get the kill  then sit back and eat popcorn as he  rifted  into the guild square and ended me with the maximum amount of drama.

I miss those days.

Sorry. No sarcasem this time.  :P
No,

Mammon

• Lake
  • Programmer person
    • View Profile
on: 11:57:25 PM 11/24/17
Well, I did hear some not that great things about Silencio from Mo...

But yeah... I did look back at some logs from back then and I agree that I kind of acted like an asshole.
At least, even more than I am these days. :lookaround:

But, ah, to be young again... :'(

Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
on: 02:26:33 PM 11/25/17
Silencio was more of a personal problem thing. He'd do things like leak stuff I was working on to show people the mistakes I was figuring out and make me look like an idiot. I don't know what the reason was.

We were working on revamping Scroll Wars and he basically told everyone everything that was coming and showed the new site layout I'd made to get people to say it wasn't good. Double whammy there because it got people really agitated about waiting for the (barely started) changes as well as completely fucking any sort of measured build-up and 'reveal'.

He also secretly messaged people about how he didn't get any ad revenue from the banner ads on the game (making pennies a day when I was paying hosting, etc.) though he not only never asked me for anything, but also turned it down when I offered BEFORE any of his secret bitching.

Strange guy, some great updates and great work, but always hunting for some reason to start a fight.
« Last Edit: 02:29:49 PM 11/25/17 by Slimebeast »
If I should live until I wake, I pray the web my death to fake.