"Breakthrough" will be an anthology engineered by yours truly and featuring the work of up-and-coming talent... most likely all from Digital Webbing's forums
1.) If Creators work together, this will be a Super-Human "Shared Universe".
- 1a.) The entire anthology takes place in a single universe, like Marvel or DC's titles.
- 1b.) UNLESS you take a "pass" and choose not to be part of the overall world.
2.) Breakthrough will be presented to the world as a digital anthology, collecting all of the tales in one book.
3.) Breakthrough will hopefully be printed in "real life" in four 32-page issues.
- 3a.) That means four stories per issue, 16 stories total.
- 3b.) This probably will be affected by whether or not the project generates interest.
- 3c.) If we're super-lucky, the issues could be collected in a TPB later on.
- 3d.) Please note there would be a strict 8 page limit for stories.
4.) Please observe "common sense" guidelines. No porn, no outright gore, no profanity, etc. Assume this project is on par with any given "Big Two" title you'd pick up and lend do your nephew to get him hooked on comics.
5.) No serial stories. This is a book of one-shot tales, ideally to get readers interested in a new shared universe.
6.) Origins can be referenced, but this should not be a book full of origin stories.Huh?!
"Breakthrough is a group of stories featuring different characters in a new comics universe."Print Costs
The costs I'm looking for right now would be $2,400 - $2,500 for 2,000 copies. These are full color, 32 page issues. That means 32 pages for sequentials, and inside front, inside back, and back cover most likely for intro and credits, a sales pitch for the next issue, and maybe a pin-up for the back cover featuring a group action shot of that issue's characters. (All just in the air at this point.)
Please note that the discussion on this forum will be presented on http://incomics.com