The Creepypasta Field Guide
· $4.99 on Amazon
PDF on Mangled.com!

Learn the truth about a variety of modern monsters in a humorous 30+ page illustrated guide to popular archetypes in internet horror.
Dandyland
· $2.99 on Amazon
PDF on Mangled.com!

The world-famous internet legend "Abandoned by D*sney" and its follow-up stories have been updated, augmented, and scrubbed of trademarks to protect the innocent!
Love Monster
· $2.99 on Amazon
PDF on Mangled.com!

Pearl is hopelessly in love with monsters and killers. Bob is hopelessly in love with Pearl. Join them in this 40+ page graphic novel that explores the dark humor of obsession.
Murderous Mental Morons & Tormented Teenage Twits Must Die!
· $0.99 on Amazon
PDF on Mangled.com!

Ten terrible stories mocking Creepypasta tropes and icons. If you're a fan of the absurd, this is for you.

Author Topic: TIME TO BE A COMMUNITY - Q&A  (Read 8272 times)

Trane1723

• Droplet
  • I AM YOUR KILLER.
    • View Profile
on: 03:43:17 AM 12/04/13
We love you Mo. We just want to know your view point as your the deciding factor on what gets done on the game. Like. Would you ever want character sprites in the game? Where do you want the game to go? Will you use lube? jk, but seriously. You want more discussion from us on things, but we don't want to discuss stuff that would waste everyones time. Such as pre mentioned by you the gun up keep.  We just want more depth to your answers as why you like something or don't. We don't want you to feel like your not doing enough. We just want a few answers to things.

Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
on: 03:53:55 AM 12/04/13
It's better to keep upcoming updates semi-secret to prevent people wondering where it is, and asking where it is. Plus then it can be a nice surprise.

I don't think classes are evenly matched because if everything evens out we'd might as well have one race, etc.

Changes to the power plant can be fine, but it has to make sense and be needed. It may be too hard to keep the power on now, but it's important not to make it too hard to keep the power off as a result, and so on.
If I should live until I wake, I pray the web my death to fake.

Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
on: 03:57:01 AM 12/04/13
There's nothing to donate for outside the mall. Yet.

Character sprites in the game - probably not, it takes away a lot of the imaginative factor. Suddenly your character can't be what you describe, it has to be one of a few face options, clothes, etc.

I don't really want/need the game to go anywhere, just would be nice if more people played so folks had fun.

I can't answer everything indepth because this thread will seriously never end and most of my answers are just "because stuff".

FRANKIE 4 FINGERS

• Puddle
  • hella hella hella
    • View Profile
on: 04:00:57 AM 12/04/13
the whole point of this thread is to get your specific opinion on specific things. i think in depth is what we're kinda looking for. are you too busy or?
AYO WHITE GIRL

Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
on: 04:07:28 AM 12/04/13
It's better to keep upcoming updates semi-secret to prevent people wondering where it is, and asking where it is. Plus then it can be a nice surprise.
I don't intend to tell you how to run your stuff. But I disagree with this. If we have no idea if anything is coming then people are inclined to wonder where and when more than if we did know if something is coming.

Big features as surprises is good, but transparency about other things is always nice. We're a small community, it would be way better if you posted about your thoughts and some stuff you've gotten done instead of keeping us all in the dark.

I don't think classes are evenly matched because if everything evens out we'd might as well have one race, etc.
The classes should be evenly matched, but that doesn't mean they have to have all the same features, you know? It should be able to go back and forth forever, and people should have to start thinking outside of the box to actually gain any ground, otherwise it's just frustrating and un-fun for the people getting steamrolled in an obviously skewed system.

Most of us sincerely care about you and the game, Mo. I didn't come up with this thread on my own. We want to know whats going on and how/if we can help, either by providing good feedback or ideas or whatever else.
where am i

Bon

• Droplet
  • K-PIN
    • View Profile
on: 04:36:22 AM 12/04/13
Not to be a dick or "that guy" But I don't think this thread is going anywhere as it was originally intended. What's going to happen though is the following.

>People are going to keep asking meaningful and insightful questions that need the same quality of response back
>Mo is going to:
"I can't answer everything indepth because this thread will seriously never end and most of my answers are just "because stuff"

and that's pretty much it for the most part.

and like Tyr said and like I've said in the chat box, updates are chill, but if you don't tell them to use based "semi secrets to prevent wondering and where it is" it's the pretty way of saying "as long as we don't tell you, you won't have expectations"

Thread was a cool idea, but it's just not going down the way it really should be sadly. Oh well. :behead:
They all fucking cheat.

Kraufen

• River
  • Comics. Hooray.
    • View Profile
on: 06:56:31 AM 12/04/13
I can't think of a question...
Mo. are cellphones working like Pm's ever gonna happen?

Mammon

on: 12:44:42 PM 12/04/13
Mammon implied that you tend to reject or disregard most of the things he proposes or suggests.
That's kind of not what I said, but whatever. I don't really suggest much of anything, because then that means I have to do it. >:(

Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
on: 01:24:18 PM 12/04/13
I can't think of a question...
Mo. are cellphones working like Pm's ever gonna happen?

Best way to answer this is with this. Here's what.

Older:

Having a cell phone in your inventory should give you a new button called "Send", with a drop-down of your MUTUAL friend contacts. In other words, you have them as a friend, and they have you as a friend.

Select the name, type your message in the already existing speech box, and click "SEND" and that message appears to the other user.

Language:

You send: [to NAME] | (Your message)

You recieve: [from NAME] | (Their message)

This is up for change. If you can think of a better way to phrase the language that isn't too long and can't be mistaken for a non-phone-call, let me know.

Calling to mutual enemies or guild mates could be implimented as well, but isn't necissary right away.

The undead shouldn't be able to SEND messages, but should RECIEVE them with no problem. Fumbling with tiny buttons and all that...

(All of the above open to reworking, of course...)

Newer:

Having a cell phone in your inventory could...

1.) Put a [CALL] button and a drop-down of mutual friends near your usual "talk" button, etc. - Reusing the text input box you usually type into. Modern-day update: For people with way too many mutual friends, it should probably just be the first X amount. Down-side of being overfriendly.

2.) If the user your message has no phone: "You try to call, but there's no connection."

3.) If the user has a phone, they see: "Silencio called you: BRB GUYZ LOL", or whatever message you typed into the usual text box.

4.) Group leaders could also have a "Group Members" option at the bottom of the user drop-down, which would send a mass message to all members in the leader's group.

5.) Some building types could automatically have phones, making it so you can call or recieve without a phone. IE: "You use a phone here, but there's no connection." or the usual success message.

Places with a phone installed would probably only be places with payphones. Otherwise every single building would have to have one.

A building with a phone installed would just provide all benefits of a cell phone without having an actual cellphone.

Thoughts?

From the old admin forum.
« Last Edit: 01:27:18 PM 12/04/13 by Slimebeast »

Takehito Ishida

• Spatter
  • Quit staring at me.
    • View Profile
on: 01:28:14 PM 12/04/13
The only questions I can think of are silly. :p
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE GAG WEAPON, MO?

Yeah, I'll just... go sit down now.

Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
on: 01:29:51 PM 12/04/13
Fake flower. SPLORT.

Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
on: 03:40:14 PM 12/04/13
That's kind of not what I said, but whatever. I don't really suggest much of anything, because then that means I have to do it. >:(
Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. I could have phrased that a lot better but it was 1 AM and stuff.

Question: Would you ever reject or have you ever rejected a suggestion because it "wouldn't fit" with what you imagine the undead to be in your mind? If so, how do you see them?

Question: I read the script for that HR comic that fell through. Does that script have any weight as to how you view the HR world, or was it fabricated for the story?
where am i

Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
on: 10:44:02 PM 12/04/13
I tend to think of the zombies as an amalgam of all the zombie "races" in film. Including 28 Days Later infected. Vampires are sort of envisioned as the 30 Days of Night sort of version. Not magic, not brainless, not sexy, etc.

However I purposefully want(ed) people to be able to decide for themselves what their character is like, so HR is purposefully devoid of things telling players how they have to act. Some of that stuff may have snuck in, but only things that are easily ignored.

The HR comics were just stories, though I tried to include elements from the game in both. I was hoping a comic would help direct people to the game, and vice versa. Bleh.

Lumose

• Puddle
  • *blorp*
    • View Profile
on: 12:09:23 AM 12/05/13
Do you play HR everyday?
What other admin actions can you do?
who is your favorite person on the walkie? its me isn't it, yup. :awesome:
yo

Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
on: 03:26:05 AM 12/05/13
No, not every day.

Teleport, change class, and refresh AP. I might be forgetting something as I only use powerz when required for testing something.

I DON'T HAVE A FAVORITE YOU'RE ALL HIDEOUS.