Author Topic: The undead vs Barricades.  (Read 5442 times)

Offline Akhart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Spatter
  • Akhart talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
The undead vs Barricades.
« on: 04:59:51 PM 01/26/14 »
As much as I hate to say/do this.  Something seriously needs to be done about this.

I find it hard to believe that balance can be seen in how they work.  They're hard to set up and can require anywhere near 50 AP to hit Extremely Heavily Barricaded, and a vampire can walk up and destroy it in 20.  The fences don't add any extra security as that's about another 7 or 8 AP to destroy and a high leveled Vamp can kill humans in two hits and a Zombie can kill a human in 4.  That's with a human at full health.

So I'm asking if barricades attack + damage can be equalized, as in, the if it takes me 50 AP to get a building to EHB, then it should take an undead close to that amount to take it down.  Or maybe the chance of an undead hitting it reduced by what it is now.

For an example on how one sided this is, 3 people spent over 3 hours getting the Power Plant to EHB on each tile and surround the building with 3 rows of fences, and a single vampire walked right in while destroying the fences + two sides of barricades and managed to kill the three of us.  This isn't balanced for humans as we need to find fences, spend 4 AP per fence, another 50 AP to set up one tile worth of Barricades, and we need the power on to make sure this is all possible.

Please take this into consideration.

Re: The undead vs Barricades.

Offline FRANKIE 4 FINGERS

• Puddle
  • FRANKIE 4 FINGERS talks to fish.
  • hella hella hella
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 09:50:10 PM 01/28/14 »
make cades require more hits to be taken down. maybe electrify fences when the power is on. reduce bloodlust on vamps because getting taken out in 3 hits when i have full health as a human is bullshit.

AND INCREASE AP RATE
AYO WHITE GIRL

Offline berz

• Puddle
  • berz talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:10:10 PM 01/30/14 »
I don't play too much lately but from what i've seen and experienced the fence network seems pretty solid. Easily the best system of the defense i've seen employed ever in the game. Plus with current AP rate the defenses should be lasting theoretically. Maybe it's just all the alts?

Offline Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
« Reply #3 on: 04:27:54 PM 01/30/14 »
Well now I don't even know what!
If I should live until I wake, I pray the web my death to fake.

Offline Akhart

• Spatter
  • Akhart talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:41:46 PM 01/30/14 »
One vampire just blew through 4 fences and destroyed 2 EHB tiles, and now a string of lvl 1 alts are stomping around like crazy.

An upgrade to the defense is needed.  The only reason they current fences are staying up is because Frankie and I pretty much don't sleep anymore.  We're on fence duty 24/7.

• Puddle
  • hella hella hella
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:04:07 AM 02/02/14 »
FENCE PARTY 2014 UP ALL NIGHT GOT ALTS TO FIGHT CANT STOP WONT STOP MAYOR OF FENCELING OUT :peace:
AYO WHITE GIRL

Offline berz

• Puddle
  • berz talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:30:07 PM 02/05/14 »
Frankie always there to think of our safety!  :D

Offline Akhart

• Spatter
  • Akhart talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:41:30 PM 03/29/14 »
Bumping this topic back up because the amount of AP needed to set up fences + 'cades is way to much for how easy they are to take down, and it's worse now with badly the undead out number the humans.

Offline Billy Bubba

• Droplet
  • Billy Bubba talks to fish.
  • Still kicking after 6+ years.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:14:53 AM 04/03/14 »
While Akhart and I rarely see eye to eye on things, I have to agree. The idea behind barricading buildings is to provide some sense of security. Now, TK'ers aside, the undead seem able to rip down barricades far faster than humans can put them up. It honestly makes barricading buildings rather pointless as it is just a signal to undead to open up that building for the humans inside.

Offline Akhart

• Spatter
  • Akhart talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:57:50 PM 05/16/14 »
Pushing this topic back up.  The cost of AP to put up 'cades and fences is still nothing to the cost to tear them down.

You need to find fences which could be from anywhere to 2 to 7 (if you're lucky) ap and 16 AP to secure one tile.  That's with fences alone, never mind the 40 to 50 (once again, if you're lucky) to take a building from not caded to Extremely heavily caded.  That's without the need to repair a building.  Fences and barricades need to be stronger or undead need to lose accuracy when hitting them.  One undead should not be able to take down a side of fence and the cades and still be able to kill the people inside.

Another thing is that a human NEEDS to use 16 AP to set up fences to protect one tile while an undead can spend 5 to 7 to take down one side.  They need to be balanced better.

• Puddle
  • hella hella hella
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:56:14 AM 05/17/14 »
electric fences. instant kill if attacked but only on the first hit. after someone has died from attacking the electric fence it goes back to regular fence. genius, i know.
AYO WHITE GIRL

Offline madeline

• Droplet
  • madeline talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:18:04 AM 05/17/14 »
Just for reference,  took me 38 ap to bring down an EHB this morning.

Offline Zman090

• Puddle
  • Zman090 talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:42:35 PM 05/17/14 »
But in that time due to your raze ability you wrecked the building, also I believe the statstics of the cades are based with power off.
ヘ(◕。◕ヘ) B-b-ballin!

Offline Akhart

• Spatter
  • Akhart talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02:09:39 PM 05/17/14 »
That statistic is with lights on.  You can't fully cade a building with the power off in 70 AP.  Also, none of the buildings around the PP were damaged in the interior so she probably used a Zed with a sledgehammer.

Offline Billy Bubba

• Droplet
  • Billy Bubba talks to fish.
  • Still kicking after 6+ years.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:36:31 PM 05/17/14 »
Of course, since some TK'ers like to entomb people in heavily barricaded buildings, there is a flip side to this. A new player can enter a barricaded building for protection, have someone like Akhart, Lippsyl, etc, stroll in and kill him and leave him (or even up the barricades) and his next full round of AP is spent merely trying to get out of the building. Seriously, not fun.

I rather think that the point of the game is that things do NOT favor humanity. All of the tropes of the genre point to mankind's eventual downfall. Best case scenario should be a short bit of peace during a well carried out holding action, not any sort of extended safety. I mean, if that were the case, the fort should be much easier to hold.