Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 16268 times)

Offline Kraufen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Puddle
  • Kraufen talks to fish.
  • Comics. Hooray.
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #345 on: 09:43:49 PM 03/08/14 »
I'm sure this has been suggested before but no AP cost to talk would be really, really helpful. All these external chat things just to have a conversation with someone is a pain in the ass, especially when you accidentally shoot an ally or something and need to leave a quick "oops, sorry" but don't have the AP to do it.
I'd be fine with 27.0 needing AP but say and whisper should be freebies.
agreed

Offline berz

• Puddle
  • berz talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 12:34:26 AM 03/10/14 »
I like the idea in general but due to how the games been in recent history it will clearly be abused and mostly unusable, much like a public stinto room.

Offline Matthais Deschain

• Droplet
  • Matthais Deschain talks to fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 02:23:08 PM 03/10/14 »
agreed

Couldn't someone hypothetically flood the site with requests if chat was free?  ???
Go then, there are other worlds than these.

Offline Takehito Ishida

• Spatter
  • Takehito Ishida talks to fish.
  • Quit staring at me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 11:53:09 PM 03/10/14 »
If 27.0 needs AP anyway there wont be any more flooding than there is now, I was mainly asking about say and whisper. If 27.0 was free then, yeah, we'd need some kind of anti-flooding thingy.

Offline berz

• Puddle
  • berz talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 09:59:40 PM 03/13/14 »
Ah that make sense. Yeah having free whispers and general talking would help alot; especially when dealing with new groupless players (that somehow aren't an alt)

Offline Lambda

• Droplet
  • Lambda talks to fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: 09:09:28 AM 04/15/14 »
In the top list, there should be "top deaths" and "top suicides" sections :) I'd be curious to see that lol

Offline Billy Bubba

• Droplet
  • Billy Bubba talks to fish.
  • Still kicking after 6+ years.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 11:30:22 AM 04/16/14 »
How about a penalty for TK? I mean, the folks at the top of the list are going to TK anyhow, but these days a dedicated group of TK'ers seem bent on driving everyone off the game. It was one thing when there was a huge playerbase and people like IronMikeTyson roamed the much larger grid, killing folks. Now, with this smaller grid, trying to hide from TK'ers is an exercise in futility and, since they are using so many alts to do it, it becomes a pointless effort to barricade a building, or even bother to remain alive.

When it was undead versus humans, with multiple factions, things worked great. Now that it is some humans against 2 people with 60-70 alts between them, not so much.

Offline ReaperEgg

• Spatter
  • ReaperEgg talks to fish.
  • Is that you John Wayne, Is this me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 12:27:06 PM 04/23/14 »
Civil War Cannon (Has probably been suggested before)

Found in the Civil War museum exhibit I forget the name, Maybe 10-15 damage nothing crazy, Has to be "set up" and "loaded/reloaded" 1 shot per, Cannon Balls found in the same place, Black Powder found in gun stores, And if you wanted to make it more difficult Fuses, As well can only be fired by having a lighter. With a rare find rate.... and Werewolves :wolf: ;D
"No defeat in death, Victory lay in fighting for what is right while alive"

Offline octavello

• Droplet
  • octavello talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 03:13:44 PM 04/23/14 »
I think it would be cool for each race to have a stronghold of some sort.  For instance, vamps could have  underground catacombs, zombies could have a larger cemetery with tombs, humans could continue to have a fort, perhaps larger and with some changes.  In the strongholds only the race that corresponds to it would be able to hide.  TKing would not work in the stronghold.  The other races could organize and try to take take the stronghold, but it would be difficult.  The strongholds would be far enough away from each other that you wouldn't be able to launch attacks one other strongholds from the home base and then be able to get back.  In other words, we wouldn't want people hanging out in it all the time.

At the very least, one small area for each race that you can't TK each other in.
« Last Edit: 03:19:57 PM 04/23/14 by octavello »

Offline octavello

• Droplet
  • octavello talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 03:33:54 PM 04/23/14 »
How about a penalty for TK? I mean, the folks at the top of the list are going to TK anyhow, but these days a dedicated group of TK'ers seem bent on driving everyone off the game. It was one thing when there was a huge playerbase and people like IronMikeTyson roamed the much larger grid, killing folks. Now, with this smaller grid, trying to hide from TK'ers is an exercise in futility and, since they are using so many alts to do it, it becomes a pointless effort to barricade a building, or even bother to remain alive.

When it was undead versus humans, with multiple factions, things worked great. Now that it is some humans against 2 people with 60-70 alts between them, not so much.
There is always a time for TKing.  Usually if someone pisses you off.  I don't think it should be standard procedure though.  Perhaps make TKing cost 2 AP instead of 1.  You can still do it if you really want, but it will cost you.

Offline ReaperEgg

• Spatter
  • ReaperEgg talks to fish.
  • Is that you John Wayne, Is this me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 11:32:28 AM 04/25/14 »
Another one that has probably been suggested before and beat to death, But what if Fridays could be added to the weekend days to gain 5ap per refresh, I think that would be cool.
"No defeat in death, Victory lay in fighting for what is right while alive"

Offline Lambda

• Droplet
  • Lambda talks to fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 05:02:44 PM 05/22/14 »
THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTION AS I'M JUST SAYING... AP RATE SUCKS. CAPS YES IKR.

Offline Akhart

• Spatter
  • Akhart talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 05:10:28 PM 05/22/14 »
STRONGER BARRICADES AND FENCES DO IT

Offline Lambda