Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 21108 times)

Offline Týr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • River
  • Týr couldn't hurt a fly.Týr couldn't hurt a fly.
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #195 on: 07:09:36 PM 11/19/13 »
This is peculiar. I'm going to have to seriously test this then. It doesn't make sense.
where am i

Offline FRANKIE 4 FINGERS

• Puddle
  • FRANKIE 4 FINGERS talks to fish.
  • hella hella hella
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 02:14:32 AM 11/20/13 »
theres a lot of zombies and vamps tryin to find humans man
AYO WHITE GIRL

Offline Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 04:34:08 AM 11/20/13 »
theres a lot of zombies and vamps tryin to find humans man
Players don't get reported sighted in the area.

Even when they do, it doesn't make sense that multiple buildings are being knocked from fully EHB down to mid-HB and then left alone. You'd think someone determined to get in would concentrate their efforts or something.

I must be missing something. NPCs don't attack barricades, do they?

I'm going to log what I find when I check them after I wake up later.
where am i

Offline Mammon

• Lake
  • Mammon loses fights with toddlers.Mammon loses fights with toddlers.Mammon loses fights with toddlers.Mammon loses fights with toddlers.
  • Programmer person
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 03:21:08 PM 11/20/13 »
At first I thought that maybe it was something in the fire code making barricades decay when they shouldn't be, but I checked that and that's not it. So, really, the only thing I can think of at the moment is people going around attacking them. *shrug*

Offline Kraufen

• Puddle
  • Kraufen talks to fish.
  • Comics. Hooray.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 02:25:35 PM 11/21/13 »
Idea: Havens

Not full-blown fortress building, merely being able to 'convert' a tile into a haven for your race. This would be most difficult for humans, whom would require building supplies that they must search for.

Human havens
Requires the building to be in full repair. Building extensions (functional only, I'm not expecting the map tiles to be re-drawn, only the description changed to note) that require nails, boards and other such materials or even tools to build. Towers and re-enforced doorway/windows; the ability to climb on to the roof and look outside without making yourself vulnerable. Makes it more difficult for undead to search and find you. Makes barricades take more damage to fall, or last longer when not maintained. Organisation can give a bonus to finding human-specific items.

Zombie havens
Rapidly causes the building to fall into disrepair. Causes giant growths of fungi to take over the building, which makes it extremely difficult to find a hiding zombie. Possibly even heals the zombie a small amount per tick. The overgrowth makes it difficult for humans and vampires to traverse the building (2 AP to perform actions in except combat and conversion), and outright stops humans from passing through it via rooftop run (forcing them to go around the outside). The fungi causes the building to lose power by ruining the circuits.

Vampire havens
Require the building to be destroyed. The building is decorated in gore, and everything inside and outside is smashed and broken, rendering the building's contents and functions un-salvageable (no items can be found, and other functions do not work, such as breakers which are locked to off). The gore has caused the building to be overtaken by pests and grime, making it extremely hard to see inside and therefore very difficult to find vampires hiding away in obscurity (also provides the only places blood-thirsting vampires can hide). The abundant rodents can be feasted upon to regain very small amounts of HP.

Building conversion
Requires at least 2 participants of the same race inside the tile, and mass amounts of AP which is reduced by further participants. The buildings are converted in stages, or steps, with the bonuses and abilities slowly unlocked with progress. In order for a building to be converted from one creature haven to the other, the stages must be taken in reverse until the building is defaulted, and then continued in the desired direction.

and other shit

I like this idea.
I've always wanted something like this

Offline Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 04:49:10 AM 11/23/13 »
Trading.

Trader NPCs that roam the map. Maybe 4 of them for now. For the sake of mechanics they could be something completely separate from the human/zombie/vampire population and would show up as 'a trader' on the map, and come up purple (because purple is the best colour).

When you find them you could trade (obviously) one item you have for one item they have from a small selection of items. They could be different kinds of traders, like ammunitions traders and medical traders, or just have a set item list of common things people look for. The menu would be two drop down lists (Trade x _______ for  _______) and then a Trade button.

Maybe have only specific items available for trade? So you can't trade a stack of plastic gloves for loads of ammunition. Though I can't imagine it making too much of a difference, since it'd just be between you and the NPC, and you've already spent your AP on finding the stupid things. It would certainly help relieve the stress of finding nothing but crap when looking for items you actually want--knowing you could cash them in for more of the item you intended to spend the AP on.

It could be that you make them only respond to human players, but anyone could kill them for lootz. Maybe even a special Supplies Bag that they drop which has 20 slots instead of 10.
where am i

Offline Kraufen

• Puddle
  • Kraufen talks to fish.
  • Comics. Hooray.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 03:25:21 PM 11/23/13 »
Trading.

Trader NPCs that roam the map. Maybe 4 of them for now. For the sake of mechanics they could be something completely separate from the human/zombie/vampire population and would show up as 'a trader' on the map, and come up purple (because purple is the best colour).

When you find them you could trade (obviously) one item you have for one item they have from a small selection of items. They could be different kinds of traders, like ammunitions traders and medical traders, or just have a set item list of common things people look for. The menu would be two drop down lists (Trade x _______ for  _______) and then a Trade button.

Maybe have only specific items available for trade? So you can't trade a stack of plastic gloves for loads of ammunition. Though I can't imagine it making too much of a difference, since it'd just be between you and the NPC, and you've already spent your AP on finding the stupid things. It would certainly help relieve the stress of finding nothing but crap when looking for items you actually want--knowing you could cash them in for more of the item you intended to spend the AP on.

It could be that you make them only respond to human players, but anyone could kill them for lootz. Maybe even a special Supplies Bag that they drop which has 20 slots instead of 10.
Can they quote the resident evil traders?

Offline Mary

• River
  • Mary is chilling in their hideout.
  • does anybody want a pizza roll?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 03:31:02 PM 11/23/13 »
Nah, no traders. If anything being able to trade with others maybe.

I like the arcadey hide-and-seek feel of the game and too much extra crap is gonna make it feel like some sort of RPG MMO.
» You throw a tantrum, but all you seem to accomplish is slight disarray.

Offline Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 03:35:38 PM 11/23/13 »
Nah, no traders. If anything being able to trade with others maybe.
I spent a good hour trying to think of a way to do this that wouldn't be ridiculously complicated or otherwise horribly exploitable with alts. The only way we can realistically have trading is with NPCs.

I like the arcadey hide-and-seek feel of the game and too much extra crap is gonna make it feel like some sort of RPG MMO.
I don't. I mean, I kinda do, but it needs to be a little more full-feeling than it is now to start keeping most of the players it gets.
where am i

Offline Mary

• River
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 03:50:43 PM 11/23/13 »
You just block it like any other alt abuse action.

If you're talking about people who use proxies to abuse alts already, then there's nothing we can do about that anyway.

Offline Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 04:09:13 PM 11/23/13 »
You just block it like any other alt abuse action.

If you're talking about people who use proxies to abuse alts already, then there's nothing we can do about that anyway.
Not talking about proxies. I'm saying just blocking it between alts wouldn't work because you could just have that alt be a source for your friends. Friends that could then give items to yourself.

You have an alt that does nothing but search for medkits that you give to your friends. I could have that set up in a minute within the Einherjar alone.

Even if you made it so that it can't be traded to someone else and then traded back to the same connection, it would be easy to work around the same way. I guess three passes would be the zone of 'too much trouble to be worth the effort' but that seems like a lot to keep track of.
where am i

Offline Mary

• River
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 04:28:05 PM 11/23/13 »
or even something like it costs 5 AP to trade. A bit too high to make mass trading worth it, but not too high that it would discourage simple trades.

Offline Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 04:46:48 PM 11/23/13 »
or even something like it costs 5 AP to trade. A bit too high to make mass trading worth it, but not too high that it would discourage simple trades.
5 AP to trade is too steep. That's almost a punishment for trading.

"I know you have 1 HP and are infected, dude, but it would cost me almost 15 minutes of gameplay to give you this medkit."
where am i

Offline Mary

• River
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 05:20:05 PM 11/23/13 »
...in which case you can use the medkit on them yourself -_-

Offline Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 05:33:45 PM 11/23/13 »
...in which case you can use the medkit on them yourself -_-
It was an example. It could be replaced with any other item in any other situation. Someone doesn't have ammunition in a dangerous area is another example.

The point still stands.
where am i