BOO! Do you like Horror and Creepypasta? Please check out TooSpooky.com, my brand new creepy content site!

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 115076 times)

The Hunter

• Droplet
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #690 on: 11:33:58 PM 10/22/16 »
I think corpses with descriptions (or names from what they were) should be implemented, along with how they died.

When I hear gunfire, and I check the block, I see a corpse. Just, a corpse with no distinguishable features. I try to think of whether it was a human player with a gun shooting or if it was a vampire or zombie attacking a Mantis Grunt or Scout, but ultimately, I never know.

So, I propose a new feature: The ability to "checK" corpses.

This ability could be exclusive to humans or not, I don't really care. Though leaving it to humans would probably be easier.

Two skills would be implemented, one that is passive, and another that allows you to "checK" a corpse for their cause of death, at the cost of 1 AP.

Recognition - You can tell which race or faction a corpse belongs to. (Faction being Mantis.)

With this skill, you can see a corpse and recognize that it was a Bloater, a Construction Worker, Lazarix Researcher, Mantis Grunt, a Human player or Vampire player and so on and so forth. It is passive and doesn't require AP to use.

There is 1 corpse here. They seem to have been a Mantis Security Grunt.

There are 2 corpses here. One seems to have been a Necronid. One seems to have been a human wretch.

There is 1 corpse here. The body is vampiric, but you can't recognize who it belongs to. (When it is a player you don't recognize)

There is 1 corpse here. The body is zombified, and you recognize that it belongs to ________ (When it is a player you do recognize.)

Another skill can be acquired after getting Recognition. "Investigate." This allows you to check for the cause of death of the corpse.

Investigate - Allows you to investigate corpses to determine the cause of death.

A few examples of this could be

- You examine the Mantis corpse, and notice bite marks on their neck. This seems to have been their cause of death. (Vampire would be assumed)

- You examine the corpse of Louis (a player); you find an old bite mark on their body. They seem to have died to an infection. (Zombie infection assumed, due to the bite being old.)

- You examine the corpse of a Zombie Wretch, and find burnt skin across their body. Fire seems to have been their cause of death. (Died to Burning)

This skill allows humans to know if a vampire or zombie could  be around their general area.

I'd be willing to write the sentences and shit for the Investigation and Recognition for in game use and in more detail, I like to write anyway.

« Last Edit: 11:52:19 PM 10/22/16 by The Hunter »

Animefan666

• Puddle
  • That information you do not need to know.
    • View Profile
    • Oh no, IT'S THE EYE!!!
« Reply #691 on: 11:46:13 PM 10/22/16 »
It does bother me a bit when I check in on sounds of gunshots, but all I see is a generic corpse, looking as indistinguishable as the rest. Good idea.

Mammon

• Lake
  • Programmer person
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: 01:24:37 AM 10/23/16 »
Whether these are good ideas or not, I'm working on something else at the moment, so I don't know when/if HR will ever get any updates aside from bug fixes.

Animefan666

• Puddle
    • View Profile
    • Oh no, IT'S THE EYE!!!
« Reply #693 on: 02:12:27 AM 10/23/16 »
We can dream :P

Vanana Voidshriek

• Droplet
  • "This wine is delicious!" Well, it's my blood, so.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 05:46:40 PM 10/23/16 »
I too am always wondering who or what the corpse is I see.
But wouldn't it make a problem for zombies hiding as a corpse though ?
I'm constantly tortured, and that's why I say happiness is irrelevant. Happiness is for children and yuppies.

Don Durk

• Spatter
  • ARRRR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 09:36:04 PM 10/23/16 »
It does sounds like a good idea and i think animes idea for Items sets to grant bonuses sounds like fun aswell, also they would have to be more difficult to get than simply searching a building. If both those things go ahead, I think vamps bloodthirst fade should stay the same/be removed.

Anyway, Good luck Mams in the new project :)
Arrrr! Tharr she blows!

Animefan666

• Puddle
    • View Profile
    • Oh no, IT'S THE EYE!!!
« Reply #696 on: 05:15:38 PM 10/27/16 »
it's me again. You're probably sick of me pestering you, BUT I DON'T CARE!!! IT'S IDEA TIME!!!

Bigger discussion box. One that can hold more than 30. Possibly throw in a scrolling function to limit the size of the box, but not the content.

nocturnal owl

• Droplet
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: 04:07:41 AM 10/28/16 »
help, check my corpse, need revival serum...waiting at redemption st (516, 499)... want to be human again... thanks!  :-)

Don Durk

• Spatter
  • ARRRR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: 06:30:16 AM 10/28/16 »
it's me again. You're probably sick of me pestering you, BUT I DON'T CARE!!! IT'S IDEA TIME!!!

Bigger discussion box. One that can hold more than 30. Possibly throw in a scrolling function to limit the size of the box, but not the content.

Now that, is a bloody wonderful idea mate. No more will i miss out on everything that happened and SMS's i've gotten because I go to sleep when all you people wake up xD
Arrrr! Tharr she blows!

Vanana Voidshriek

• Droplet
  • "This wine is delicious!" Well, it's my blood, so.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: 07:41:21 AM 10/28/16 »

I need this! No more missed messages <3
I'm constantly tortured, and that's why I say happiness is irrelevant. Happiness is for children and yuppies.

Animefan666

• Puddle
    • View Profile
    • Oh no, IT'S THE EYE!!!
« Reply #700 on: 12:25:20 AM 11/09/16 »
Hey, it's me... again...back with another idea:

4AP + Severed Arm = Green Ration

Heals 6-8hp (used by Humans and Zombies)

Crafted in a Factory
« Last Edit: 12:30:35 AM 11/09/16 by Animefan666 »

Don Durk

• Spatter
  • ARRRR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 12:43:34 AM 11/09/16 »
4AP + Dead Fish + 2 Fire Extinguisher = Frozen Fish
45% Hit Chance 2-3 dmg chance to inflict chilled
Arrrr! Tharr she blows!

Slade Stryker

• Droplet
  • Hide. I'm Coming for You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 07:17:35 PM 11/10/16 »
4AP + Dead Fish + 2 Fire Extinguisher = Frozen Fish
45% Hit Chance 2-3 dmg chance to inflict chilled
Like the Vikings used? XD
Here. There. Everywhere. Nowhere...

8BitWarrior

• Droplet
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 02:29:35 PM 11/18/16 »
Can we stoke fires with other things besides Gas Cans? Books and Oil Paintings come to mind....

Animefan666

• Puddle
    • View Profile
    • Oh no, IT'S THE EYE!!!
« Reply #704 on: 02:31:24 PM 11/19/16 »
Dear Mammon,

Hi! I'm back again with another thing!

Increase AP cost for climbing in and out of EHB barricades by 5. As it stands, barricades do little in the way of protection because you can just bypass them quite cheaply.

Sincerely,
Me