Author Topic: Reload page EVERY time I click?  (Read 770 times)

Offline Macdaddus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Droplet
  • Macdaddus talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
Reload page EVERY time I click?
« on: 02:06:51 AM 09/02/13 »
Every time I make a move (walk, enter a building etc) it has to completely reload the page and this takes about ten seconds. You can imagine how frustrating this can be if someone is waiting within the building and they take me out before I can even load the page. Is this happening for anyone else?

Re: Reload page EVERY time I click?

Offline Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
« Reply #1 on: 02:51:00 AM 09/02/13 »
The page has to reload each time, because there are a lot of factors you might need to be made aware of. Like who's in the room, the barricade/repair level, where you are on map view, if the door's open, if there's a generator and how much fuel it has, if there's any new discussion, if there's a new event, etc.

There's really no way around having to refresh the page, otherwise you might miss some info if, say, the map view didn't reload and you didn't see "1 Zombie" appear on the next tile over.
If I should live until I wake, I pray the web my death to fake.

Offline Macdaddus

• Droplet
  • Macdaddus talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:57:03 AM 09/02/13 »
The page has to reload each time, because there are a lot of factors you might need to be made aware of. Like who's in the room, the barricade/repair level, where you are on map view, if the door's open, if there's a generator and how much fuel it has, if there's any new discussion, if there's a new event, etc.

There's really no way around having to refresh the page, otherwise you might miss some info if, say, the map view didn't reload and you didn't see "1 Zombie" appear on the next tile over.

Ah, okay. Well do you have any suggestions as to how I could speed up the process? It's quite frustrating, but if there's not that is fine I will definitely keep playing.

Offline Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.Slimebeast has learned the Death-Touch.
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
« Reply #3 on: 03:07:09 AM 09/02/13 »
It shouldn't take a full ten seconds to load, though I can't say why it would for you. D:

There are server problems currently that the host can't figure out - that might be a factor.

Offline Ghostmaker

• Droplet
  • Ghostmaker talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:47:18 AM 09/02/13 »
What browser are you using? It happened before way back with Ie. Maybe try Firefox.

Page generated in 0.003 seconds
The death of one is a tragedy, The death of millions is just a statistic. CiB making You just another statistic.

Offline Mammon

• Lake
  • Mammon trips over their own fallen trousers.Mammon trips over their own fallen trousers.Mammon trips over their own fallen trousers.
  • Programmer person
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:21:10 PM 09/02/13 »
The page generated number is how long it took the server to process the page, not how long it takes you to load it, so it depends more on connection speed and lag and such.

Also, the game *could* be modified so that the entire page doesn't need to be reloaded, but eh. Seems like a lot of work.

Offline Kraufen

• Puddle
  • Kraufen talks to fish.
  • Comics. Hooray.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:00:25 PM 09/02/13 »
you help us out mammon?

Offline Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
« Reply #7 on: 08:17:42 PM 09/02/13 »
To keep current with what's going on, you'd need to reload everything but the header and footer.

Offline Mammon

• Lake
  • Mammon trips over their own fallen trousers.Mammon trips over their own fallen trousers.Mammon trips over their own fallen trousers.
  • Programmer person
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:34:27 AM 09/03/13 »
Not necessarily, but it's just that the entire thing would probably need to be rewritten, soooo...

Offline Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
« Reply #9 on: 01:45:10 AM 09/03/13 »
Let's say you just clicked to "enter" a building.

Things that have to be refreshed:

Map view w/title
Room desc w/Bodies here, etc.
Who's here
Attack drop-down (if there's stuff/people in there)
Options below map, like "Exit"
AP - 1
HP - if you're infected, etc.
Events saying you entered
Inventory in case you have something you can "set up" indoors

And more...

That's just for stepping in a door.

Offline Mammon

• Lake
  • Programmer person
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:53:54 AM 09/03/13 »
Well, sure, I'm just saying that the page doesn't need to be reloaded, necessarily.