Author Topic: Game Suggestion  (Read 807 times)

Offline Grouchy224

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Droplet
  • Grouchy224 talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
Game Suggestion
« on: 11:49:01 PM 08/31/13 »
How about a way to swap items between team members?

Re: Game Suggestion

Offline Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
« Reply #1 on: 12:24:01 AM 09/01/13 »
This is a long-debated thing in the Hell Rising community... or the one that existed before the relaunch. XD

I'd love to see a new discussion about it here.

The Pros are obvious, the Con as mentioned in the past would be folks creating a "Search" alt, then passing everything to their main character to save AP on their main guy.
If I should live until I wake, I pray the web my death to fake.

Offline Kraufen

• Puddle
  • Kraufen talks to fish.
  • Comics. Hooray.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:29:44 AM 09/01/13 »
But with the zerging system shouldn't be null and void.

Offline Arxe

• Droplet
  • Arxe talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:04:12 AM 09/01/13 »
Especially with the zerging system in place, I see no issue here. Hell, id just make the zergs far more intense for abuse in this manner. the best solution I could possibly give is making it cost an ap or two to give AND recieve an item. the refreshes happen every five minutes so doing it this way doesnt sound to bad. plus, itll equate to searching and finding on the first try, so if you try using an alt you wont save much ap even without the zerg punishment. if you also require the giving and recieving characters to be online, it CAN still be abused but it wouldnt be easy or convenient.

at any point, there are many different ways to abuse an alt and  many of those ways are just impossible to stop. alt scouting is easily the best way to save ap, you could memorize the location of prey on the map ad infinatum with enough alts but we should hope that the player base isnt THAT desperate to cheat. by not banning alts, there are things that can abused from the get go in a game meant for a single player per character to engage in. but we allow alts, and while im fine with it the possibility of alt abuse is inevitable. if at any point a feature may incur alt abuse, it wont be because of the specific feature, but the existence of alts in general.

tldr if you make recieving an item cost an ap and force both players to be online in order to make the trade, you should be fine

Offline Zman090

• Puddle
  • Zman090 talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:38:03 AM 09/01/13 »
I think it would really help out, sometimes I've had things I couldn't use like serum while my poor doc was searching his ass off.
ヘ(◕。◕ヘ) B-b-ballin!

Offline Alisdair

• Droplet
  • Alisdair talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:32:14 AM 09/01/13 »
I think it would add a deeper sense of community to the game as well as increase the benefits of finding and acting as part of a group.

Offline Sarp

• Droplet
  • Sarp talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:48:24 AM 09/01/13 »
how about being able to shot vampires and zombies who attack your barriacade whily youre inside the building

Offline Arxe

• Droplet
  • Arxe talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:33:27 AM 09/01/13 »
Sarp has a good suggestion :P