Author Topic: Fort Building?  (Read 771 times)

Offline Zman090

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Puddle
  • Zman090 talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
Fort Building?
« on: 01:57:02 PM 10/06/13 »
I'm starting to think that Serling needs a fort, my main reason for stating this is that humans are getting destroyed out there, our numbers never go past twenty as of recently and there are about forty undead at all times. Also I believe it would keep the game more active by constantly giving us something to actively murder each other over. But what do I know? I'm just a meatbag :P
« Last Edit: 02:00:13 PM 10/06/13 by Zman090 »
ヘ(◕。◕ヘ) B-b-ballin!

Re: Fort Building?

Offline Mary

• River
  • Mary is chilling in their hideout.
  • does anybody want a pizza roll?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 09:31:58 PM 10/06/13 »
It'd be fun, but I think the real problem is the imbalance of the races.
Like how vampires and zombies can stay vampire or zombie forever whereas humans need a revive if they are to continue playing.

I main zombie and I still think it's retarded how I never have to turn human if I don't want to.
There's a veritable buttload of other issues which a fort wouldn't fix and some it would even create (I mean like, with a fort that humans just stick to we'll always know where to get some chow).

In short. Mo please add a fort it'd be awesome.

» You throw a tantrum, but all you seem to accomplish is slight disarray.

Offline Zman090

• Puddle
  • Zman090 talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:29:05 PM 10/06/13 »
Well from what I've noticed vamps get humans by finding them hiding in unbarricaded buildings, a fort with active players in it could fight off vamp attacks, also it'll turn all the attention there and make scavenging in other areas easier for harmens 
ヘ(◕。◕ヘ) B-b-ballin!

Offline Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.Slimebeast knocks enemies down like dominos.
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
« Reply #3 on: 11:29:23 PM 10/06/13 »
What might be a problem in how I view things is that I look at the Top List and see about 20 players in each race category and I think "it's balanced".

No?
If I should live until I wake, I pray the web my death to fake.

Offline Zman090

• Puddle
  • Zman090 talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:44:21 PM 10/06/13 »
Just earlier, say 2 or 3 hours ago it was at 18 humans 27 zeds and 12 vamps. So that's weird O.o
ヘ(◕。◕ヘ) B-b-ballin!

Offline Mary

• River
  • Mary is chilling in their hideout.
  • does anybody want a pizza roll?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:41:32 AM 10/07/13 »
I think the main things are Vampires being able to sense inside buildings (with not having to enter buildings, this may as well be 50% or so extra AP for the purposes of finding prey).
Barricading can mitigate this, but it's a pretty big AP investment to basically be painting a big "I'm in here" sign on the building. Even if you were to build a barricade to try and trick vampires, you'd have to spend a minimum of 5 (6?) AP to get it to barricaded status to prevent prying eyes. They, however, would only have to spend a minimum of 1AP to look inside and see through your trick. Now forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I'm pretty sure vampire claws and fangs have low chances to break barricades, so I'm sorta sure that barricades were originally supposed to be like a vampires bane, whereas zombies would have less trouble getting through them. However, the sledgehammer makes absolutely short work of any barricade. And not only that but I'm also pretty sure vamps would have a higher to-hit chance because of zombies natural melee debuffs.
Barricades are a joke against vampires.
So that's point 1

Point 2 is that Zombies and Vampires never need leave their preferred forms. With cursed blood and cellular degeneration revival serum is not only meaningless as a weapon, but actually beneficial for zombies with whatever that skill is. I just think this is really stupid. I'm sure this is just a holdover from festering brainstem or whatever that skill from urban dead was, and it was just as stupid there.

Then there's just the smaller, slightly inconsequential details. Like the damage reduction for vampires. I had a level 1 guy doing 1 damage to me because of my kevlar vest and supernatural durability. That has got to suck for new players, especially when damage and xp is 1:1. Building barricades doesn't give XP, but breaking them does. Writing Graffiti doesn't give XP but defiling it does. Killing a vampire with the DoT of zombie infection doesn't zombify them.

There's probably more that I can't think of at the moment, and probably more things that humans need to be balanced with. And that's just balance, there's a few things that might make the game more playable.
» You throw a tantrum, but all you seem to accomplish is slight disarray.

Offline berz

• Puddle
  • berz talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:25:24 PM 10/26/13 »
I know this topic has cooled down a bit already, but fuck it i want to say it anyways:

I think the forts encouraged bad habits for human players, especially newer ones in HR. People would just go AFK inside there waiting for heals or just sitting in the open sometimes even thinking they had security, whereas undead could easily use hit and run tactics or as a zombie drag the player outside the fort even if there were active humans around. The majority of the time the fort was just a fridge to stock for undead players. I will admit however infirmaries were far better than hospitals, but i think hospital item rates were tweaked slightly to lean towards giving useful stuff at some point.

Offline Zman090

• Puddle
  • Zman090 talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:42:48 PM 10/28/13 »
Well I think it would depend on if an active group took it over like say um, Bastards Battalion and The Einherjar  ;D That'd work out.
ヘ(◕。◕ヘ) B-b-ballin!

Offline Týr

• River
  • Týr couldn't hurt a fly.Týr couldn't hurt a fly.
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:45:53 PM 10/28/13 »
;D That'd work out.

Until we went to bed.

This game does not have the mechanics in place for a fort to actually work. The only reason they ever worked is because losers like me would actually work shifts until 6 AM until another loser woke up to keep it manned while I slept.

Half the time it still went to shit.

I'm not doing that again.
where am i

Offline Zman090

• Puddle
  • Zman090 talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:47:18 PM 10/28/13 »
We have some active night players in BB who could take watch :P Though I think the undead can take down cades WAY too fast.
ヘ(◕。◕ヘ) B-b-ballin!

Offline Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:49:43 PM 10/28/13 »
You're better off manning a perimeter and making that your 'fortress' than squatting in an actual fortress/building. At least within a perimeter the undead have to work to find you with several barricades in their way.
where am i

Offline Zman090

• Puddle
  • Zman090 talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:50:55 PM 10/28/13 »
We already did that, no idea if it worked or not though
ヘ(◕。◕ヘ) B-b-ballin!

Offline Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03:51:35 PM 10/28/13 »
Do it better.
where am i

Offline Zman090

• Puddle
  • Zman090 talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:53:51 PM 10/28/13 »
Well since almost everyone in my group is undead and no one feels like reviving it'll have to wait  :-\
ヘ(◕。◕ヘ) B-b-ballin!

Offline Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:00:58 PM 10/28/13 »
If I recall correctly a lot of you chose to go undead to buy your skills. It's not wise to start a pro-anything group if you aren't maxed out.

That is part of the reason the Einherjar aren't a pro-x group. We are pro-Einherjar. Sometimes we'll side with a race, but I have no qualms with breaking that should it prove to risk my group.
where am i