Author Topic: Enough Fences Already  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Akhart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Spatter
  • Akhart talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
Re: Enough Fences Already
« Reply #15 on: 06:31:42 PM 02/21/14 »
Look again, I never said it was you.  You assumed I was talking about you which lead me to believe you were somebody else.  If you look just shortly below this topic and see the one about a guy named Sigfried, you'll understand.

You shouldn't have jumped to conclusions, so the problem is yours, not mine.

Offline Billy Bubba

• Droplet
  • Billy Bubba talks to fish.
  • Still kicking after 6+ years.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06:33:22 PM 02/21/14 »
Like I said, I understand trying to protect places. I get that. However, I had run out of AP in the middle of a street, got killed, got revived, and found myself in the middle of about 140 AP worth of fences...every single square, in all directions. That's a bit silly and overboard.

Heck, I liked the idea as announced of being able to create "Green Zones" I mean, I always wanted better ways to fortify Fort Howard back in the days of 50 people inside and 100 outside. One side fortifying as the other was tearing things down as quickly as possible.  Being able to get a good sized force in place and set up fences as extra fortification? That's AWESOME.

However, when every square is being fenced in? Yeah, that's just over-kill. The game only works if all races can log in and have fun. I cannot imagine spending 24AP or so just to get to a human wretch for a bit of combat and XP.

I suppose if undead get XP for tearing down fences, that would shade my view a little, because at least then they are accomplishing something other than drifting around in a see of virtual pits.

Offline Zman090

• Puddle
  • Zman090 talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06:34:18 PM 02/21/14 »
They do get XP
ヘ(◕。◕ヘ) B-b-ballin!

Offline Billy Bubba

• Droplet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06:39:28 PM 02/21/14 »
Akhart, you need a class in reading comprehension. Allow me to demonstrate since you continue to insist on being a smug ass.

A - Nobody has been fencing lately because of users in the game throwing a tantrum over them and threatening people who use them.
BB - I'd hardly call this a "tantrum", but I question the game function of something that exists solely to prevent people from being able to move and actually play the game.

See, there I'm pointing out that I'm not throwing a tantrum. I mean, obviously people ARE fencing because I was fenced in to all holy hell, but that is apparently besides the point.

A - You'd hardly call somebody threatening other people in game because they're using in game items a "tantrum"?

See, now here? Here you apparently think I'm threatening people because, as I've just said, I'd hardly call this a "tantrum". THIS. Do you understand what the word "this" means? So, either you have failed to grasp the basic nuances of the English language (and hey, you could be ESL for all I know) or you are accusing me of threatening people since you are replying to a comment I made about THIS thread.

BB - I haven't threatened anyone. How about you knock off the hyperbole?

I respond, pointing out that I haven't threatened anyone. I haven't by the way. Go ahead and read from page one. I'll wait.

See? No threats.

Then you melt down like a tired kid at the end of a day at Disney World.

So I'd get off your high horse. You've behaved like an ass. You are the one who flashed into his own private "Sig" 'Nam and went off on me, not the other way around. You could be a man, admit your mistake and move on, or you could continue to blame me for your poor behavior. Your choice.

« Last Edit: 06:42:35 PM 02/21/14 by Billy Bubba »

Offline Billy Bubba

• Droplet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06:40:01 PM 02/21/14 »
They do get XP

Well, at least that is something than.