The Creepypasta Field Guide
· $4.99 on Amazon
PDF on Mangled.com!

Learn the truth about a variety of modern monsters in a humorous 30+ page illustrated guide to popular archetypes in internet horror.
Dandyland
· $2.99 on Amazon
PDF on Mangled.com!

The world-famous internet legend "Abandoned by D*sney" and its follow-up stories have been updated, augmented, and scrubbed of trademarks to protect the innocent!
Love Monster
· $2.99 on Amazon
PDF on Mangled.com!

Pearl is hopelessly in love with monsters and killers. Bob is hopelessly in love with Pearl. Join them in this 40+ page graphic novel that explores the dark humor of obsession.
Murderous Mental Morons & Tormented Teenage Twits Must Die!
· $0.99 on Amazon
PDF on Mangled.com!

Ten terrible stories mocking Creepypasta tropes and icons. If you're a fan of the absurd, this is for you.

Author Topic: Crafting Suggestion Thread 2.0  (Read 15358 times)

Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
on: 04:04:54 PM 09/22/14
RULES:

1.) Crafting recipe suggestions only.

2.) Serious crafting recipe suggestions only.

3.) Use the current system and its limitations. IE: "Build huts on the map with friends helping" won't work.

4.) The crafted item should be useful, but not overpowered. "It's just a cool wearable" is a legitimate use.

5.) Echoing #4, try not to make currently powerful/useful items useless. IE: "Better blade than Machete!"

6.) Nothing that adds new features to the game, since we're likely not going to do that. IE: "A Basketball hoop you can then install in a parking lot and throw basketballs into for a mini-game with score and rankings!"

7.) Ingredients can stretch reality, but should make SOME sense. IE: "Slime + Bottle = Glue" is okay if not necessarily realistic. However, "Scrap Metal + Hammer = Generator" is stretching it.

8.) You can suggest ways to craft existing items, or all-new items. However, please try hard to avoid creating ingredients. IE: "Add Oranges to Parks so we can craft Orange Juice." If you have a fucking fantastic idea but it requires a new item for an ingredient, go ahead. Just keep this in mind.

<_< Let's see how this goes.
« Last Edit: 04:07:16 PM 09/22/14 by Slimebeast »
If I should live until I wake, I pray the web my death to fake.

Zman090

• Puddle
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
on: 04:24:23 PM 09/22/14
I have a quite a few I've been waiting to say
Cease and Desist: Police Baton taser scrap metal, must be in the PD to craft, does 4-5 damage.
Makeshift Blunderbuss: Lead pipe, traffic cone, scrap metal, high damage but low accuracy, one shot reload.
Blunderbuss Ammo: Shotgun shells, Box of Nails, scrap metal, makes 2 or 3 shots.
The Infector: lead pipe scrap metal and slime, craftable in the sewers. 2-4 damage, chance to infect enemies.
Sentry gun: Bit of a stretch, 3 lead pipes, car battery, Assault rifle, digital camera, 3 assault rifle clips. Acts as a hostile NPC that automatically fires at anyone stepping on the square.
Shank: Scrap metal and rag, 2-3 damage, 55 accuracy, chance to bleed.
ヘ(◕。◕ヘ) B-b-ballin!

Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
on: 07:13:24 PM 09/22/14
Question:

Does different mechanics fall under the same blanket as features?

There was a post in the previous thread about a suppressed gun that would make no sound or less sound than a normal gun. Does that count as a new feature or are things like that fine to suggest?
where am i

Animefan666

• Puddle
  • That information you do not need to know.
    • View Profile
    • Oh no, IT'S THE EYE!!!
on: 07:33:50 PM 09/22/14
I don't see why not. If gunfire has a certain radius until the sound dies down, then wouldn't it be a simple matter of reducing the radius?

Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
on: 07:44:05 PM 09/22/14
I don't see why not. If gunfire has a certain radius until the sound dies down, then wouldn't it be a simple matter of reducing the radius?
I'd prefer clarification anyway. I don't know how malleable the code for this game is, from what I've picked up out of previous discussion it seems pretty black and white. I'm wondering if it would even be possible to have a custom sound radius for weapons, as I'm not sure if any weapons in-game have that to begin with. Seems to me that guns make noise and melee weapons don't, and that's about it.

Regardless, the suggestion was something like:

Gun + # rags + lead pipe = suppressed gun.

Edit: Further mentions for potential balance of a more quiet or otherwise silent gun:

A suppressor on a gun could decrease accuracy, as it would lower the velocity of the round and make the weapon less wieldy due to increased barrel weight, not to mention a homemade suppressor has a decent chance of actually blocking iron sights to begin with. So less/no sound for decreased accuracy. -7% would be reasonable.

Alternatively if we are to assume all ranged combat happens in close quarters, it can also be assumed that one does not need to aim (justifying the constant missing that happens, you can say every fight is a scuffle). With this you can give suppressed guns 7% higher accuracy, due to the suppressor lowering recoil, but still reduced damage because of lower velocity.
« Last Edit: 07:50:42 PM 09/22/14 by Týr »
where am i

Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
on: 07:48:09 PM 09/22/14
Currently items do or do not make sound within variable radiuses... radii... areas, and that can be edited, so silent guns would use a pre-exsting feature.

Mammon

on: 08:30:54 PM 09/22/14
It's more complicated than that.

Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
on: 09:29:58 PM 09/22/14
^ This man is a liar.

Mammon

on: 09:39:02 PM 09/22/14
No, it's only configurable for chainsaws, pistols, shotguns, assault rifles, and nailguns, and those weapons specifically. You can't just make a new weapon and call it a Silenced Pistol. Certain aspects of weapons need to be redone, like sounds, or ammo, it's all pretty much hard-coded rather than readily configurable.

Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
on: 10:50:26 PM 09/22/14
No, it's only configurable for chainsaws, pistols, shotguns, assault rifles, and nailguns, and those weapons specifically. You can't just make a new weapon and call it a Silenced Pistol. Certain aspects of weapons need to be redone, like sounds, or ammo, it's all pretty much hard-coded rather than readily configurable.
Would it not be possible to just make a pistol and omit the sound call instead of making a custom radius for the pistol? Or is it not that simple either?
where am i

Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
on: 12:11:41 AM 09/23/14
Mamms, doesn't it echo by item number as opposed to item type? Or nah?

Mammon

on: 12:12:33 AM 09/23/14
No, it's by item type.

Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
on: 12:35:32 AM 09/23/14
I blame Mech.

Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
on: 04:26:32 AM 09/23/14
BTW, do people actually use cloth in suppressors? I've never heard of that.

Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
on: 04:59:30 PM 09/23/14
BTW, do people actually use cloth in suppressors? I've never heard of that.
For a homemade one you use what you can. The age-old recipe is 2-3 plastic bottles taped together and stuffed with foam or something of similar consistency. Someone with better tools or a workshop would make use of a PVC pipe, moving up to even more sturdy base materials at hand. None of that exists in the game, to my knowledge, and I didn't want to go asking for you to add items as you requested.

Most homemade suppressors, especially the bottle kind, would only be good for a few shots, if even an entire magazine. It comes down to make and model, and especially cartridge. Even some professionally made suppressors would only last a hundred or so rounds, maybe a couple hundred if you're lucky. Not that that's relevant to the game, I don't think.
where am i