The Creepypasta Field Guide
· $4.99 on Amazon
PDF on Mangled.com!

Learn the truth about a variety of modern monsters in a humorous 30+ page illustrated guide to popular archetypes in internet horror.
Dandyland
· $2.99 on Amazon
PDF on Mangled.com!

The world-famous internet legend "Abandoned by D*sney" and its follow-up stories have been updated, augmented, and scrubbed of trademarks to protect the innocent!
Love Monster
· $2.99 on Amazon
PDF on Mangled.com!

Pearl is hopelessly in love with monsters and killers. Bob is hopelessly in love with Pearl. Join them in this 40+ page graphic novel that explores the dark humor of obsession.
Murderous Mental Morons & Tormented Teenage Twits Must Die!
· $0.99 on Amazon
PDF on Mangled.com!

Ten terrible stories mocking Creepypasta tropes and icons. If you're a fan of the absurd, this is for you.

Author Topic: Crafting "Recipe" Suggestions  (Read 12514 times)

Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
on: 03:07:47 AM 09/19/14
Would
[material (rags?)] + [applicable blade weapon] = blade weapon with +5% accuracy
be a possible recipe/result? If it doesn't exist similarly already. And I think blunt weapons deal too high damage for increased accuracy.

... On that note,

Could it be made so weapons present their effects? So, for example:

Fire Axe [A]

For a fire axe with Accuracy applied. B for bleed, F for burn, C for chill, whatever else.
« Last Edit: 03:12:56 AM 09/19/14 by Týr »
where am i

Someonewithapen

• Droplet
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
on: 12:20:31 PM 09/19/14
Pistol + Length of Pipe + ??? = A pistol that's harder to hear?

Length of Chain + 2 Lengths of Pipe = Nunchucks

Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
on: 04:40:16 PM 09/19/14
Pistol + Length of Pipe + ??? = A pistol that's harder to hear?
I suggest a slight change:
[applicable firearm] + pipe + 4 rags = [suppressed firearm]
where am i

Akhart

• Spatter
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
on: 03:13:34 AM 09/20/14
I was gunna let this slide under either lazy or unwilling to do, but I decided to say fuck it.  You can thank the patronizing attitude I got from Mammon/Darryl for it.

How the fuck is a fire axe that inflicts burning silly, when burning a baseball bat and it not getting ruined is logical?  More importantly since you attempted to rub the Surgical kit in my face, I'll prove to you that you're wrong and you clearly have no idea how to add, or just can't be bothered to double check things.

This is in a powered up hospital with the First aid skill.

1 Medkit (10 HP each)
3 bandages (7 to 8 HP each) (21 to 24 total) FYI:  Bandages are labled as 8 to 7
1 Antibiotic (8 HP each)

That is 39 to 42 HP for all those items.

Surgical kit heals 15 HP, and requires all those items + 2 AP to make.

It's literally flat fucking useless, and not to mention a waste of healing items to use.  So please explain to me how I'm wrong and that making a surgical kit makes more sense than making an Fire Axe inflict burning.  Or atleast explain how that Surgical kit makes sense in any possible way.

Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
on: 04:02:12 AM 09/20/14
I suspect healing skills aren't applying to the Surgical Kit. That or the healing factors are wonky in some way.

As for the burning axe, people actually light bats on fire. You know, occasionally.

Plus bats can inflict "Dazed" while axes can inflict "Bleeding". Losing AP and HP from burning and bleeding seems like it could end up OP.

I want to avoid a danger zone where we get everyone using one weapon only, etc.
« Last Edit: 04:10:52 AM 09/20/14 by Slimebeast »
If I should live until I wake, I pray the web my death to fake.

Akhart

• Spatter
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
on: 05:03:30 AM 09/20/14
I'm not asking for the axe to inflict both, just one or the other.

I've never had the axe inflict bleeding, so I assume the chances are either to low, or not working as intended, and people also bone rub the bat, I don't see that being included.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I don't want Fire Axes doing every status effect or multiple, I just want a Fire Axe that does something because you admitted the bleeding chance on the axes was low.  By making the Bats a multi-use weapon, you pretty made the bat the go-to-weapon for people use melee.
« Last Edit: 05:14:46 AM 09/20/14 by Akhart »

Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
on: 05:10:28 AM 09/20/14
As for the burning axe, people actually light bats on fire. You know, occasionally.

... No, they don't. Maybe a handful of weirdos in the history of stupidity.

Baseball bats are often treated, it is very hard to ignite them. If you did manage to ignite a baseball bat, you will have zero luck trying to light someone on fire while hitting them. You would have to use the bat as a glorified torch and hold it to their clothes long enough for a flame to catch.

A flaming baseball bat would be useless at best and structurally compromised at worst. You are more likely to hurt yourself with a bat than anyone else. How the hell would you even swing it? You wouldn't be able to bring it close enough to your body to execute an effective swing. It's on fire.

A flaming fire axe is no less silly than a flaming baseball bat. Under no circumstance would an intelligent person light their weapon on fire, be it an axe, a bat, or a sword.

0/10
where am i

Mammon

on: 12:16:52 PM 09/20/14
Akhart, ...

I said it's silly because calling something a Fire Fire Axe sounds silly.
I also said the person who CREATED the Surgical Kit item forgot to take into account certain things, ie, Mo/Slimebeast.

Post edited for just waking up grumpiness.
« Last Edit: 12:56:03 PM 09/20/14 by Mammon »

Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
on: 02:21:56 PM 09/20/14
So basically we're confirming Mammon's thoughts about updating not being worth it.

I try to be an upbeat guy when it comes to news about the game, etc., but Jesus.

I could find photos of people holding burning bats (admittedly just to look like a badass while being stupid) and stills from TV/movie stuff. And yeah, I said "occasionally" as in "not often".

I don't want it to become a thing where we can't ask people to give suggestions because it'll always end up in everyone being unhappy.
« Last Edit: 02:25:37 PM 09/20/14 by Slimebeast »

Mammon

on: 02:27:30 PM 09/20/14
Well, all I was doing was joking about the name of the item that kept getting asked for.
That and passing off blame to you, cuz I don't make the items, I just code the code. :lookaround:

Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
on: 02:46:01 PM 09/20/14
I thought the skills and hospital buffs were set to enhance anything with a "healing" flag. I guess it's item number specific.

Mammon

on: 02:55:35 PM 09/20/14
No, it's anything that's a healing item. The problem is that each healing item that goes into making it also gets the buff so the surgical kit by itself is underwhelming.

Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
on: 03:03:01 PM 09/20/14
Well, it'd be nice to discuss what people think the Surgical Kit should heal instead of acting like it's just over.

Akhart

• Spatter
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
on: 05:13:47 PM 09/20/14
1) I called it a Fire Fire Axe because of the previous suggestion of having a tooltip that states if a weapon inflicts a status effect

2) You said "Somebody forgot to take into account" even after I posted that the Surgical Kit would require nearly double healing to beat the ingredients

3) Whether or not updating is "worth it" isn't up to us, so lets just push that aside.  The problem with a "Suggestion for recipes" thread is that there's no clear indication if something is being considered or not.  Had you guys said the start "No burning fire axe" I would have shut up.  Having to look at the in game chat and being told that one suggestion is silly, while there's an equally as silly one, and an item that's beyond silly was seriously screwed up.

4) Even if the healing flag is specific, you'd still get more out of the ingredients.  The problem isn't skills or codes, it's the item itself.

5) I suggested the healing either act a full heal (50) or heal 40 HP and remove all debuffs.  That's the only way the Surgical kit will worth it unless you cut the healing of other items down in half.  Nobody is acting like anything is over.  It's just the Kit is literally underwhelming.  This is why conversation is good, and transparency is bad.

Týr

• River
  • Fascist
    • View Profile
on: 05:23:21 PM 09/20/14
I could find photos of people holding burning bats (admittedly just to look like a badass while being stupid) and stills from TV/movie stuff. And yeah, I said "occasionally" as in "not often".
Misinformation is the one thing I have no tolerance for. That single statement convinced at least 20 lurkers that lighting bats on fire is actually a good idea, and that's 20 more people that make my RL job a pain in the ass.

My point was, flaming weapons are not a real thing. If you want them in the game, that's up to you, I won't bitch about them and I haven't. At least until someone inevitably implies they have any relevance to reality.

I don't want it to become a thing where we can't ask people to give suggestions because it'll always end up in everyone being unhappy.
You're going to upset people no matter what you add or change in the game. That's just how game development works. The frustration sets in for me when there's almost no feedback from you guys. There's literally 5 of us here and we almost never get an answer to our questions or a yes/no to our suggestions.

It would be easier to suggest if we knew the full limitations on suggestions. I asked a question previously as to if a particular feature was possible with the system. I'm still waiting on a response to that, because it opens or closes the door to a lot of possibilities.

Regarding the surgical kit, I disagree with how it only requires other healing items. It's a surgical kit. Throw in some of those junk items you find in hospitals. Plastic gloves, a scalpel, other things. Make it heal 50 HP.

transparency is bad.
[spoiler]sjw detected[/spoiler]
where am i