Author Topic: A Modest Proposal  (Read 552 times)

Offline Billy Bubba

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Droplet
  • Billy Bubba talks to fish.
  • Still kicking after 6+ years.
    • View Profile
A Modest Proposal
« on: 10:07:31 PM 02/22/14 »
Look, the player base is pretty small right now and Fences and Fires have started to be used as weapons to simply drive other players away. While they are, in concept, fantastic, I think that they are a bit detrimental with a smaller player base, at least as things currently stand.

While I'm not asking that they be eliminated entirely, perhaps there is a way that the use of these actions could be scaled back? Perhaps fires are easier to suppress and Fences take many more AP to erect? Maybe both just cost more AP? The point is, we need a limiting factor in play here to reduce the problems caused by overuse of these actions on a small player base.

There are groups on both sides that are wielding these activities as weapons to totally ruin the enjoyment of other player races. It isn't fun to have the entire grid ablaze, it isn't fun to sit up in a sea of unending fences.

I remember this game when it was packed. I remember logging in to hordes of zombies 100 strong attacking Fort Howard. I'd love to see things like that again. However, when new players are dropped into unending fences, or fire everywhere, why are they going to play.

Since neither side seems all that trusting that the other side will moderate their actions I ask that it be considered that action be taken on a code level so that we can get back to actively playing the game rather than dealing with the mass alt-wars that are going on everywhere.

Billy Bubba