Author Topic: PHP/MySQL Guru Needed  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
PHP/MySQL Guru Needed
« on: 11:45:10 PM 09/18/13 »
Hell Rising is looking for a PHP/MySQL expert for a few modifications and feature additions.

Our primary goal is to create a full NPC system, including mobile NPCs with Hit Points, Damage done, and Success rates specific on a creature-by-creature basis.

If you or someone you know has the expertise and the interest, please contact chris@slimebeast.com
If I should live until I wake, I pray the web my death to fake.

Re: PHP/MySQL Guru Needed

Offline Mammon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mammon loses fights with toddlers.Mammon loses fights with toddlers.Mammon loses fights with toddlers.Mammon loses fights with toddlers.
  • Programmer person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 08:34:46 PM 09/19/13 »
It'd be funny if I worked on this again but I don't know any more about PHP than I did before, really.

Also your server is shit and dies 50 billion times, man.

Offline Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.Slimebeast laughs at massing armies.
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
« Reply #2 on: 09:20:07 PM 09/19/13 »
Yeah, it's a hot mess.

The host is a fellow who took over accounts from my previous provider when it went out of business. Recently he got a day job so now tech support is suffering. :hurr:

I traded logo design for a free year of service, so now it's either hope he fixes it or throw away payment for work done.

Just sucks all around.

Offline Mammon

• Mammon loses fights with toddlers.Mammon loses fights with toddlers.Mammon loses fights with toddlers.Mammon loses fights with toddlers.
  • Programmer person
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:39:33 PM 09/19/13 »
Well if HR is kind of helping it to kick the bucket so often then there's probably something that can be done there.

Of course, even if you felt like letting me mess with it again I don't really know if I should. I mean, I kind of feel like I *need* something to work on or I'll go crazy, since I just feel like I have to work on a game and I haven't been doing that for way too long, but I dunno. I'd probably just look at the code and be like, "What the hell is all this crap."

Offline Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
« Reply #4 on: 10:49:43 PM 09/19/13 »
We could always do a mini-site.

Just a random small "finished" BBG with low goals - and perhaps some modularity (word?) so it could be swapped into a hundred different styles.

IE: In one you're a "Soldier" who "kills aliens" for "credits". Swap it out and reskin it, and you're a "Kitten" who "bops toys" for "hugs". You know - opposite ends of the spectrum. :facepalm:

Maybe a simplistic "Pet Battle" with nothing complex, just walk around, randomly find or don't find creatures, battle them. *shrug*

I even tried to set up a simple Minesweeper game last night, but the script didn't work. Was going to redraw it as a cemetery, digging for jewelry and avoiding zombies. :P

Whatever.

Mainly I just need the server to stop fucking up and for HR to get some of the shit it was supposed to have X years and X developers ago.

I finally have some mojo going with this CreepyPasta business, and I'm missing the opportunity to finally capitalize on people knowing who TF I am.
« Last Edit: 10:53:55 PM 09/19/13 by Slimebeast »

Offline Mammon

• Programmer person
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:18:52 PM 09/19/13 »
You know I always think, "haha, what would be the point in making a game that's so simple," when you throw out ideas like that, but now I realize that there are things like Cookie Clicker and mobile games which are extremely popular and actually make money.

For now with HR I'd say you'll be better off waiting to see if anybody else with more experience with these things will help out, because honestly I really haven't touched PHP since way back then, and if not, well, I guess I'll see what I can do.

Offline Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
« Reply #6 on: 11:29:13 PM 09/19/13 »
Yeah, the simpler the better for certain play demographics. Work breaks, time wasting, etc. etc. etc.

I even had a concept a while back for a game you could play immediately upon going to the page. It'd spawn your character on the map, etc. the second you arrived. Then if you wanted to save what you'd done you'd create the account.

Eh.

Well, if you're every up for something ultra-simplistic you can bail out on after a few weeks give a shout. :P

Offline kowegi

• Droplet
  • kowegi talks to fish.
  • Slime me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:25:24 PM 09/24/13 »
If I teach myself SQL, will you add me on Facebook?

Offline Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
« Reply #8 on: 08:41:05 PM 09/24/13 »
I don't really use Facebook much, only started back up recently because a project I joined had a group there - but of course it's since gone under.

Offline Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
« Reply #9 on: 07:44:31 PM 09/28/13 »
*snore*

Offline Mary

• River
  • Mary is chilling in their hideout.
  • does anybody want a pizza roll?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:26:36 AM 10/11/13 »
NoooOOOOooooOOOooooOOOOooo!

Not the NPCs!
» You throw a tantrum, but all you seem to accomplish is slight disarray.

Offline Mammon

• Programmer person
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:39:18 PM 10/11/13 »
Noo! :'(

Offline Slimebeast

• Administrator
  • Bogglesnots.
    • View Profile
    • Slimebeast.com
« Reply #12 on: 01:04:33 PM 10/11/13 »
GNOOOOOOOOOOOMES.

By which I mean HR will soon have NPC Gnomes.